Thursday, July 29, 2010

To Miss Jacob and Prep C - from Hugh!

Dear Miss Jacob and Prep C,

29 July: I am on a camping trip with my family. Today we are in Bamaga, which is near Cape York.
There are lots of crocodiles in the ocean, so when I want to go swimming I go to the swimming pool instead.
One night when I was sitting by the campfire, a big python came so close that I think it burned its nose.
Today I went fishing off the jetty. It was a lot of fun.
On this trip we have driven through some big rivers, with lots of water and mud.
Love from Hugh!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Adventurers! What an exciting time you are having on your trip. Snakes, crocodiles, feral pigs, crossing rivers...... wow!! We are so glad you are all having a great time. We do miss you all - the place is not the same without you!
    Take care
    Gary Janis and Rachy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hugh & Sabine,
    What a wonderful time you are having and you both
    look so happy - give our love to Mummy & Daddy as well.Have been checking your map to see where you are travelling. What great adventures you are having. Have you been across to Thursday Island already?
    Is there a Friday Island?? Hard to think of you swimming when it is so cold down here.
    Look forward to hearing more of your adventures
    Take care
    Lots of love
    Winsome & Edie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, Sean and I have a photo at that same sign. Sean doesn't really remember as he was 3 1/2 years old.
    Sounds like you are having a great trip. Look forward to more stories.
    Bye annette and Sean O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hugh, Beanie, Kathy & Colin,

    Your camper is like something out of Harry Potter. It looks small, but when you open it up, it's huge - double story! I am following your journey of words and pictures and paintings. You are going to places that not everyone goes to in their whole life. That waterfall swim looked beautiful. And well done Beanie on the damper - golden brown. It's a sunny day here in Sydney today (I was out on Cockatoo Island this morning). I'm going to Canada, New York and America next month (I can say that, now it's the 1st of August), so the excitement is starting to build. This is the first year that I am lodging my tax on-line, without an agent - it will happen this afternoon. I love technology like this! Anyway, I am thinking of all of you guys and hope that your days are full of fun and adventure and special family time. Lots of love, Fiona (Choc) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a look at Hugh's photos today and the kids were so excited to hear about his travels.

    We have a few messages for Hugh below:

    Georgia: " e miss you!"
    Leah: "I love Hugh, I hope you are having a good trip."
    Zachary: "I hope you having a good safe trip back."
    Jordana: "I hope you have fun." "I like your photos."
    Molly: "I hope you have fun at the top of QLD."
    Mattli: "I hope you have a lovely time."
    Sophie G: "Have a great time."
    Tara: "Was it scary driving in the creek?"
    Sophie J: "I'm hoping you're having heaps of fun."
    Zaydn: "The photos are cool. "
    Charley: "Your photos look beautiful."
    Molly: "Did you have a nice trip."
    Chloe: "What have you been doing up there?"

    Miss Jacob: "Prep C miss you Hugh, we hope you are having fun."

    ReplyDelete